The first-ever CREA Broker Summit is going virtual!
While this may not come as a shock, what may be surprising to brokers is just how much we’re packing into this two-day, online event.
This year’s event is being held starting Thursday, September 24, and will be hosted by Canadian Broadcasting Hall of Fame inductee and REAL TIME podcast host Erin Davis. Day 1 sessions include:
- Brokerages Surviving and Adapting to the New Normal, hosted by Steve Murray, President and co-founder of REAL Trends.
- Tech Trends Impacting the Brokerage Model, moderated by REALTOR.ca Vice-President Patrick Pichette and featuring panelists Cliff Stevenson, Lynette Keyowski and Eric Stegemann.
- A Look at the Latest Sales Figures in Canada, an interview with CREA Senior Economist Shaun Cathcart.
- Broker Viability, moderated by Sunny Daljit and featuring panelists Phil Soper, Don Kottick and Elton Ash.
- The Emergence of Teams over Traditional Brokerages, featuring panelists including CREA Chair Costa Poulopoulos and Tracy Arnett.
- Several other sessions including topics covering global real estate, virtual brokerages and the future of MLS®.
The Virtual Broker Summit also includes an Education Day being held on Friday, September 25. This full day of learning (seven hours including lunch break) features the first of four Certified Real Estate Brokerage Manager (CRB) Designation courses being offered by CREA in 2020. Registration is available through the Broker Summit registration page. The one-day course, titled Building a Business Plan that Gets Results, provides brokers with:
- a process for developing a strategic business plan;
- guidelines for implementing that plan; and
- methods for how to apply the plan to real world situations.
We will be offering three more CRB courses to give brokers the opportunity to earn their CRB Designation. Registration for these courses will be directly through the CREA Learning Hub.
- Course 2: Recruiting for Success.
Date and time: Wednesday, October 14, and Thursday, October 15, from 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. EDT.
- Course 3: Managing A Multi-Generational Business
Date and time: Thursday, November 5, and Friday, November 6, from 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. EDT.
- Course 4: Performance Leadership – Coach, Manage & Mentor
Date and time: Wednesday, December 2, and Thursday, December 3, from 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. EDT.