The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) is seeking experienced and skilled REALTORS® to put their names forward as candidates for the 2022-2023 Board of Directors. As part of the application, you will have an opportunity to include any additional materials you would like displayed on REALTOR Link® to support your candidacy (e.g. Letters of reference, resume, photo, etc.). The deadline for applicant submissions is Friday, February 4, 2022.
There are four Director-at-Large positions available (three for a two-year term; one for a one-year).
There are four Regional Director positions available (each for a two-year term) – one from each of the following regions: Alberta/Northwest Territories, Saskatchewan, Ontario, and the Atlantic Region (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland & Labrador).
Qualifications of Directors:
Persons wishing to be elected either as a Director-at-Large or a Regional Director must:
- Be a REALTOR® member;
- Have been a REALTOR® member for at least five (5) years;
- Have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience within the last ten (10) years sitting on a Board of Directors of a Canadian Not-for Profit corporation or a public body;
- Otherwise not be disqualified by the Act;
- In the case of a Regional Director, be licensed in that Region
- If elected, must have completed leadership courses as set out in CREA policy within one year of being elected, and
- Complete the candidacy documents in the form provided by CREA.
The deadline for candidate submissions is Friday, February 4, 2022.
The Director-at-Large elections will take place at CREA’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Tuesday, April 5, 2022.
The Regional Director elections will take place prior to CREA’s AGM at a time and place to be determined.